After flooring is either removed or prepared; two 6″ holes are core drilled through the slab with a wet saw to limit dust in the house wherever a pier will be installed. At each location, a hole is then hand cored 4ft to ensure that when drilling begins no plumbing lines or heat / air ducts will be drilled through. Each hole is then drilled to a load bearing strata. Once that is reached, the pier is constructed, using welded sections of schedule 60 approx (1/4″ thick) steel columns.
A lifting mechanism is then installed and using hydraulics, the pier is tested to ensure it will support the load imposed. All piers are then connected in hydraulic series. Using a laser level, the slab is then lifted to its proper position, and the backet is welded to the pier. When necessary, all voids under the slab are filled with a grout mixture admitted under low pressure. All holes are filled to match the original height of the slab.
Advantages to using the Perma-Drill Interior System:
- The drilled pier is a unique, patented and trademarked system; only available in Northeast Oklahoma, through Perma Built.
- It’s the only system that guarantees to place the pier on bedrock or equal load bearing strata, regardless of depth. Expansive soil is no longer a factor, unlike pressure grouting, concrete, and helical piers.
- The Perma-Drill System does not require loading of the slab like other systems. It causes minimal stress to get the pier to bedrock or equal load bearing strata.
- By supporting your slab on a grid of drilled steel piers, we solve your problem, not just the symptoms.
- The overall intergrity of the slab is maintained because of the small opening(s) exposed in the slab itself, (about the size of a football).
- This system is guaranteed against failure with a fully transferable warranty.
- The pile is steel columns 2-7/8″ SCH 60 diameter with a wall thickness of .217″. The lifting mechanism is then installed and using hydraulics, the pile is tested to ensure it will support the load imposed on the pile. The slab is then lifted to it’s proper position, and the bracket is welded to the pile. When necessary all voids under the slab are filled with a grout mixture, admitted under low pressure. All holes are then cosmetically repaired and the crew performs their cleanup procedure.
- Our slab support system has revolutionized the slab repair industry – the older pressure grouting and hydraulic methods are no longer a viable alternative.
- By supporting your slab on a grid of steel piles with a lifting bracket welded to the piles. We solve your problem not just the symptoms.
- Unique enough to have been awarded a US patent and trademark.
- The only system that will guarantee to place the pile on bedrock or load bearing structure, regardless of depth.
- The system that will guarantee to raise your slab to it’s proper position.
- The system that can guarantee your slab against failure!!!